If you want your garden to thrive throughout the year, you need to water your garden so that it stays healthy in all four seasons. Since water is the essential nutrition required by the plants, you need to make sure that you are going right on track for watering the plants. The better you water them, the better would they grow. But what if you are overwatering your plants? Are you doing something wrong? What should you look for when you are watering the plants, and what are the best ways of watering them?
Here we are to tell you that how you can water your plants in the best possible way, and if you have not hired the services of professionals like GearogeTown Landscaping, you need to take a look at the tips that follow.
- Constantly water the plants in the early hours of the day because at that time, the sunlight is the weakest, and the soil is excellent. It can absorb the maximum amount of water and never water the plants in the evening or night hours.
- The best approach to water the plants is to water them deeply and less often. Instead of watering the plants repeatedly after every few hours, leave the water to get absorbed till the roots and let it go deep. Shallow watering is not something helpful at all when it comes to the plants.
- When you water the plants, make sure that you are watering the plant’s base, not the foliage. Because when you cover the leaves of the plants with water, you are inviting the fungus and bacteria to grow on the leaves, which can be very bad for them.
- Take plenty of time to ideally water the plants. If you have a sprinkler or an irrigation system set to auto, choose the low rate of water flow so that it stays there and gets adequately absorbed as well. Ideally, a sprinkler takes around 90 minutes to clear one area for watering. And once it is done, you can give it a rest for the further whole weak.
- If you are using the hose, make sure that you are not directly hitting the foliage; instead, you are hitting the base. The water from a hose is at high speed, and it can affect the plant a lot and damage it.